Common signs your sewage line needs repair or maintenance include:
- Odor: If you notice a foul odor, this indicates that you may have a dried out or broken seal that is allowing sewer gasses back up into your drains and in your home. This can potentially be extremely dangerous as these gasses contain Hydrogen sulfide, which can be toxic at low levels.
- Gurgling drains: If you begin to hear gurgling in your drains or after you flush your toilet, this is an indication that you may have a clog somewhere in your sewage line.
- Green lawn: When the grass in your lawn appears to be greener and healthier in just one spot, this is a sign that your sewer line may have ruptured or is leaking.
- Slow drainage: If your drains are taking longer to work, this can be a signal that your sewer line is clogged and is in need of repair.
- Sinkholes: If your lawn appears to have patches of wetter grass, this may be due to a broken sewer line. In some cases, the pavement near the damaged area can crack as well. It’s important to seek immediate help from a plumber as this can be dangerous for yourself and others.
Can a Sewage Problem Make You Sick?
When it comes to the health and safety of your home, it's essential to ensure that your sewage system is working properly. While home damage may seem like the only potential issue that could arise from a malfunctioning sewage system, this is not the case. In fact, sewage backups and leaks can pose a serious threat to your health.
Sewage backups and leaks can lead to the following health issues:
- Gastrointestinal distress
- Skin rashes and infections
- Gas poisoning
- Hepatitis A
The gasses that enter your home can contain dangerous pathogens and bacteria that can cause illnesses. It's important to take immediate action if you suspect a sewage backup or leak in your home, as ignoring it can lead to more extensive damage and increased health risks.
Call Our Team at Assured Comfort Heating, Air, & Plumbing
Assured Comfort Heating, Air, Plumbing, & Electrical prioritizes the health and safety of our customers and community. It is important to ensure that your home's sewage system is working efficiently to maintain a clean and comfortable living environment. We utilize best-in-class technologies to offer quality sewer line inspections and repairs quickly and with minimal disruption.
Our team of technicians is dedicated to providing high-quality service while strictly adhering to safety protocols. We believe that a healthy home is a happy home and are committed to providing our customers with the peace of mind they deserve.
Call today at (770) 464-5745 or contact us online.