Signs Your Home Needs a Furnace Tune-Up
If you haven’t had your furnace serviced in over a year or if your furnace is over ten years old, you should consider scheduling a furnace tune-up before you find yourself needing an emergency furnace repair on a chilly night. We also recommend scheduling your tune-up before peak furnace service season to beat the rush, such as in the fall.
You may be in urgent need of furnace maintenance if:
- Your home feels cold even with the heat on.
- Your furnace is making grinding/scraping sounds.
- Your furnace constantly turns on and off.
- Your furnace requires repairs often.
- Your energy bills have risen.
During furnace maintenance, Assured Comfort goes above and beyond to enhance your furnace’s reliability and durability. Our seasoned technicians inspect your unit’s air filters, condenser coils, drain lines, and more. These inspections can prevent the need for any further repairs and potential health risks.
For instance, dirty air filters can lead to poor air quality within your home, and clogged drain lines can result in mold buildup—two factors that can harm your family’s health. If anyone in your home is prone to asthma, allergies, or other respiratory issues, a furnace tune-up is necessary for everyday life.
29 Point Furnace Maintenance Checklist:
- Test Carbon Monoxide Levels
- Clean & Adjust Burners and Inspect Heat Exchanger
- Check Thermostat Operation
- Lubricate All Motors & Bearings
- Install one 1″ Pleated Filter & Tape Filter Rack If In Unconditioned Space
- Test & Adjust Operation of Safety and Operating Controls
- Inspect Flue Pipe & Gas Valve
- Check Blower Motor (and belt if applicable)
- Test & Tighten All Wiring and Connections
- Flush Condensate Drain To Protect Overflow When Required
- Check Temperature Rise
- Check Sequencer
- Check Strip Heat
- Check Defrost Board
- Check Reversing Valve
- Check Outdoor Thermostat
- Check Refrigerant Pressures
- Check For Natural Gas Leaks at Gas Whip & Visible Fittings
- Clean Flame Sensor
- Clear Obstructions At Pressure Switch Port
- Install or Initial Service Sticker
- Vacuum Blower & Burner Areas and Clean Outside of Furnace
- Visually Inspect Duct System
- Visually Inspect Water Heater
- Visually Inspect Grilles & Registers
- Visually Inspect Attic Insulation
- Smoke Test Around Plenums and Accessible Take-Offs
- Inspect For Combustible Items Stored Near Gas Appliances
- Inform Customer of Equipment Condition. Recommend Necessary Repairs.
Contact Assured Comfort Today
Servicing All Brands
Our team is here to answer your questions. Contact us today at (770) 464-5745 or complete the form below.