Heating Repair Services
Is your furnace or heating system not working like it used to?
It might need repair or servicing to get it working at full capacity again.
Assured Comfort offers professional heating repairs.
Our capable technicians can repair your heating system at affordable prices. You can also call us for installation or maintenance services.
Our technicians offer heating repairs for all types of heating systems. Whether your furnace is a new or old system, we can offer the best services for repairs and maintenance.
Our heating repair services are timely, efficient and highly affordable. Are you located in Atlanta, GA? If so, give us a call today!
Six Signs Your Furnace Needs Repairs
An obvious way to know you need furnace repairs is it simply stops working. There are also more subtle signs of problems.
Here are the top six warning signs:
When you turn on the thermostat, it doesn’t turn on the furnace.
Your utility bills are higher than usual.
The furnace is very loud and noisy while it’s running.
Your system is more than 10 years old.
Your pilot light is yellow instead of blue.
Your furnace blows cold air.
If the furnace is less than 10-years-old and not functioning properly, contact us to schedule a heating repair.
Our technicians are licensed and insured and can repair any make and model heating system. It’s important to note that a heating repair and a heating tune-up are not the same things.
Repairs are services that are necessary when your heater isn’t working properly, to restore system performance.
A tune-up is the routinely scheduled services, inspections and parts replacements that is highly recommended by all manufacturers to prevent future breakdowns and costly repairs.
With regular maintenance, your furnace can continue to run smoothly and will help you avoid costly emergency repairs down the road.
Furnace Repair vs. Replacement
If your heating system in your Atlanta home isn’t operating properly, should you call the local repair service or splurge on a new furnace?
This is not always an easy choice for homeowners, as both options present their own consequences and benefits.
The guidelines below will help you decide whether to repair or replace your furnace.
When to Fix Your Furnace
If one or more of the following conditions apply to you, it’s generally in your best interest to repair your heating system instead of replacing it:
- You’re still within your warranty period. If your heating system is still under manufacturer’s warranty, the manufacturer should pay for the majority (if not all) of the repair costs.
- You’ve had your system for less than 15 years. The newer your furnace, the more reason to opt for a repair instead of a replacement. As a rule of thumb, if your furnace is less than 15 years old, it is still considered “repairable.”
- A move is in your future. If you are considering moving to a new house within the next couple years, you should repair your furnace if at all possible and try to make it last until you settle into your new home.
When to Replace a Furnace
If you’re facing any of the circumstances below, you probably should replace your existing system with a newer, more energy-efficient one:
- Your equipment needs frequent repairs. HVAC experts recommend following the 50 percent rule when deciding whether to repair or replace a furnace. This rule states that if the cost of repair is more than half the cost of a new system, you should replace your existing model.
- Your home is experiencing uneven temperatures. If you notice uneven and inconsistent temperatures in different areas of your home–one room may be too hot and another is too cold—consider replacing your heating system.
- Your heating system is noisy. If your home’s HVAC system is constantly cycling on-and-off and putting itself into overdrive to meet the demands of the thermostat, this is an indicator that a replacement is needed.
If you live in the metro Atlanta area and need your heating system repaired or replaced, the experts at Assured Comfort are ready to help.
To schedule a service call or for more information about the commercial and residential HVAC services we provide, please contact us or schedule an appointment.
How to Prevent a Furnace Breakdown
During this time of the year, our technicians are extremely busy servicing heating systems. A common complaint we hear from our customers is that their furnace “isn’t operating like it used to.”
Properly maintaining your furnace is key to maximizing both its performance and lifespan.
Use the following four tips to get the most out of your furnace:
- Replace the filter regularly. It is estimated that 90 percent of furnace issues are caused by the filter. Not only will a dirty filter restrict airflow and hinder your energy efficiency, they also put additional wear-and-tear on your furnace and can significantly reduce its lifespan. Different filters have different replacement schedules, so read the instructions when you put yours in; some need to be replaced as often as every four weeks.
- Insulate your home. It’s hard for your furnace to be efficient if half of the heat it’s producing is going out the window or through walls or ceilings. Insulating your home is an effective way to retain heat and boost energy efficiency. Key places to insulate your home are on the walls, floors, attic, and basement.
- Get a programmable thermostat. By installing a programmable thermostat in your home, you can take advantage of scheduling your heat usage. For example, turn down the heat before you go to bed and have it automatically turn on an hour before you wake up to avoid getting up to a cold house. Read about all the benefits of programmable thermostats here.
- Have your furnace professionally installed. The best furnace in the world isn’t going to operate at maximum capacity if it wasn’t properly installed. When it comes to your furnace’s performance, your HVAC contractor matters just as much as the manufacturer of the heating equipment.
To ensure your home’s furnace is installed exactly to manufacturer’s specifications, enlist the services of Assured Comfort.
We also provide furnace repairs, tune-ups, and annual service plans.
To schedule a service call with one of our trusted Atlanta Heating Repair technicians, or for more information about Assured Comfort’s services, please call 770-676-1110 or click the button below.