Signs You Need to Replace Your Electric Panel
Electric panels can last anywhere from 20 to 30 years. If your electric panel has been under a lot of wear and tear, it may need to be replaced sooner. Here are a few signs that it may be time to replace your electric panel.
- High utility bills: If your utility bill is higher than normal without reason, this could signify that you need a new electrical panel. The wiring may be weak and/or rusted and causing more electricity to be going to your appliances.
- Dimming lights: When your lights dim, especially when you’re using appliances such as microwaves or the AC, this indicates that you may need a new electric panel. There may be old parts of the panel failing or there is a loose connection. Our team can help to investigate this issue.
- Rust and corrosion: If you notice rust or corrosion on parts of your panel such as on the wires, circuit breakers, and doors, this may be a sign your panel is outdated or may cause electrical malfunctioning.
- Older homes: If your home was built before 1960, having an electrician check your panel and replace it if needed is a good idea. Not only is your panel outdated, but it also may be an inferior panel that is no longer considered safe to use.
- Odd sounds: Hearing crackling, popping, and other strange noises from your panel can be a sign of loose wires. These sounds occur when electricity is jumping from one connection to another. This creates a spark and can potentially cause a fire.
- Burning odor: A burning odor indicates that your panel is overheating. This has the potential to be extremely dangerous and cause a fire. It is advised that you call an electrician to help you resolve this issue.
When our electricians come to investigate your electric panel, we’ll identify the problem and work to resolve it quickly. Sometimes issues can be fixed with simple repairs, other times, the issue may be more serious and require replacements. Our electricians will provide our honest recommendations and advice to help you through this process.
Call Assured Comfort Heating, Air, Plumbing, & Electrical for Your Electric Panel Needs
Our team’s principles encompass safety, giving back to the community, and helping clients live in comfort. As a family-owned and operated company, we’re dedicated to helping our clients enjoy the comforts of their home. We understand the financial investment that comes with home improvement solutions. That’s why we offer low payment options to provide services to all throughout our community.
For Atlanta electrical panel services, call us at (770) 464-5745 or schedule a consultation with us online!
Additional terms and conditions may apply, call for details. Offers expire December 31, 2023 or as indicated and cannot be combined with any other offers or comfort club member discounts. Must mention coupon when scheduling and present at time of service; repairs not included. Valid from Mar 1, 2023 - Dec 31, 2023