What Is Air Duct Balancing?
Air balancing is one of the most effective methods to ensure equal air distribution throughout your home. Air duct balancing can also improve energy efficiency, lower your energy bill, and reduce the presence of hot or cold spots in different areas of your home. The best part? The HVAC air balancing procedure is quick and easy with Assured Comfort.
The HVAC Air Balance Test
HVAC professionals conduct air balance testing to identify issues with residential or commercial HVAC systems.
The procedure can vary slightly based on the size of your home or business, but here are the basic tasks of air balancing from qualified technicians:
- Flow hoods are positioned to measure the registers and the volume of air flowing out of the registers in each room.
- The air pressure is measured on both the supply and return sides of the HVAC system; technicians may also measure the humidity of the air flowing into different rooms and the difference in air temperature.
- Heat gains or losses from the HVAC system to the various areas of the building are identified, helping technicians design improvements to the system that will result in improved HVAC performance.
Air Balancing Results – What’s Next?
With data in hand, technicians work with homeowners to evaluate HVAC system imbalances. Simple fixes include adjusting fan settings or replacing a malfunctioning thermostat. Other options are insulating or sealing ducts.
In some cases, the HVAC system may need more comprehensive work. For example, ductwork that is too large or too small can impact air flow and reduce the efficiency of the HVAC system. Your Assured Comfort HVAC technician will share personalized solutions for the best approach to improving the air balance in your home.
What Are the Benefits of Air Balancing an HVAC?
There are several advantages to optimal air balance in your home:
- Enhanced energy efficiency. Temperature fluctuation between rooms is a sign of energy inefficiency. Especially in hot and humid climates like Atlanta, air balancing reduces the workload of your cooling system during hot summer months. This ensures cooled air is evenly distributed, allowing homeowners to leave their thermostat a few degrees warmer since they do not have to lower it to account for hot spots.
- Longer HVAC system lifespan. If your system runs less, it works less and lasts longer. This also reduces the risk of emergency repairs due to wear and tear.
- Improved indoor air quality. Better air circulation improves the quality of your indoor air. Efficient airflow means air is filtered more often, reducing the number of airborne irritants. For optimal results, replace your air filter every 30-90 days and learn more about our duct cleaning services.
What Is the Difference Between Duct Balance and Air Balance?
Balancing ducts and air balancing are different terms used to describe the same process. Both duct balancing and air balancing involve evaluating air flow from registers and making improvements to a property’s HVAC system, ductwork, or control system to increase air circulation.
Air Balance Testing Near Me
Air balance testing and air balancing in Georgia help families stay comfortable year-round. Get precise data and expert advice to make smart HVAC improvements with Assured Comfort. We’ve served the greater Atlanta region for decades and have made comfortable homes possible for thousands of families. Let’s get started. Call 770-464-5745 or schedule an appointment today.