It’s that time of year when the days gets shorter, the nights get cooler and pumpkin spice everything is the craze. With the milder temps upon us, now is the time to prepare your home for the coming cool months. Get your home ready now for the upcoming heating season and enjoy the days of fall.
Here’s a quick checklist of To Do’s to prepare your home:
- Clean off and cover your outdoor furniture
- Plant your bulbs for springtime flowers
- Clean the gutters and install gutter guards to prevent backups when the wet season hits
- Clean on and around your outdoor HVAC units-obstructions can cause up to a 30% energy increase
- Prepare your chimney for cozy nighttime fires with an annual safety inspection and cleaning
- Stock up on firewood to enjoy and heat your home
- Replace your batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide detectors
- Prepare your furnace for heating season with seasonal maintenance
- Keep the cold weather out by replacing dry or damaged weather stripping on all doors and windows
- Check your home for drafts and cold spots
- Check your outside water spigots for leaks and put away all water hoses
- Verify all exterior wall water pipes are insulated to prevent freezing and burst pipes
- Check all flashlight batteries and stock up on supplies for days with potential power outages.
- Prepare your generators and give them a test run
- Empty the fuel from summer lawn equipment to prepare for non usage during winter months
- Check and trim your landscaping for dead or damaged tree limbs
As you bask in the sun during these final days of summer, take the extra daylight hours to prepare your home for the fall and winter season. With a little planning and preventative maintenance, you can assure a breakdown and catastrophe free winter. Plus, save on energy costs and eliminate the need for emergency breakdown fees with a good fall preparedness plan set in place.
Contact the expert HVAC and Plumbing teams at Assured Comfort today to schedule your seasonal tune up and whole home plumbing inspection. With Service that is always guaranteed on time, done right and priced right, your home will be worry free all winter long.